FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The following are answers to our most commonly asked questions. Click the question to view details.
- » What is Home Support?
- Home Support is health care provided in the client’s home, either by a medical or non-medical professional or by family and friends (Known as caregivers or primary caregivers). Home Support often includes homemaking as well.
- » Who uses Home Support?
- Many people use Home Support, ranging from those who require constant care at home, to those who simply want some extra help around the house. Absolutely anyone can use Home Support.
- » Why choose Home Support?
- While friends and family play an extremely large part in the healing process, it can also be a very stressful situation. Our staff can help give primary caregivers a break so that they can spend quality time with their loved ones.
- » Will private insurance or the government pay?
- In particular cases, you may be eligible for some form of coverage. Give us a call and we can let you know.
- » Can I pay privately?
- Of course! The majority of our clients pay privately to have more flexibility with their care.
- » Is PacifiCare covered by ICBC or Veteran Affairs funding?
- Definitely! We can bill directly to these organizations as long as we're your service provider.
- » What are your hours of service?
- PacifiCare provides care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our office hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 to 4:30, but we also have after hours coordinators if you need to get in touch with us during non-office hours.
- » What are your hiring practices? Are your staff qualified?
- Our staff are extremely qualified and go through a rigorous selection process to make sure we get only the best caregivers. PacifiCare screens, interviews, checks references, and does a criminal record check on all potential caregivers, along with providing an orientation program and ongoing nursing supervision for all employees.
- » What languages do your caregivers speak?
- PacifiCare services provides multilingual care based on the availability of our staff. Common languages include English, Hindi, and Punjabi, among others.